Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!!

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 6 months 1 week ago #1

• sbolles4
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 0

• Redwood/2013/36RL
We are in the sad position of having to sell our 2103 36RL. We're planning to take it to a consignment lot and are looking at PPL in Texas (we live in Colorado). Does anyone have experience with them? General consignment advice?

We also need to get it insured for the consignment lot, as our insurance company will not insure while on a lot.

Any advice/help greatly appreciated!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 6 months 1 week ago #2

IF you are considering PPL,I would venture to say that you are aware of their commission rates...Having said this, IF I were to use PPL, I would use the Houston location 1st, new Braunfels location 2nd and Cleburne 3rd. Houston is the largest. We've been to all three. Anyone can roam around the lot without anyone bothering you. There are things that get broken and come up missing. Just document the RV before you submit to this resource.

If you are traveling to Texas, you may want to call MHSRV in Alvarado, TX. That is a very busy location. They sell/consign RV's as well (primarily Motorhomes but they do have a sizable TT lot and plenty of room for consignments). They are open 8:30am - 6:00pm Check their rates as well.

Phone: (817) 790-7771
Address: 5410 I-35W S, Alvarado, TX 76009

Sorry....I don't know anyone that will insure a rig on a consignment lot. You might check with PP&L. They may offer or know someone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sbolles4

Last Edit: by GipCTravelers.

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 6 months 1 week ago #3

• sbolles4
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2013/36RL
Thank you for your advice. PPL in Houston is what we were planning, even though the commission is high. From what we've seen, it's pretty typical and they have a higher volume business than we can find in Colorado. I checked out MHSRV and they look much better than PPL, both for dealing in upper end RVs and for their commission structure. Sad to say, they are not accepting 5th wheels for consignment. Unless we can find insurance, we will not take the rig out of the Denver area. We will probably have to do this on our own, in order to keep it in our normal storage location and under our insurance policy.

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 6 months 1 week ago #4

Try this Insurance Company...They deal with a lot of companies but National General seems to be "our" best option...

www.twinpeaksrvinsurance.com/about/

Mailing Address
3677 Davie Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

Contact Us
Toll Free: (800) 507-8467
Phone: (954) 791-5007
Fax: (954) 791-0306

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 6 months 1 week ago #5

Post it here? What are you selling? I think many are sold right through the forum.

2014 36RL (Sold) - Brad, Dory & Sarah

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 6 months 1 week ago #6

• sbolles4
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2013/36RL
Thanks. We will check them out.

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 6 months 1 week ago #7

• sbolles4
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2013/36RL
It's a 2013 Redwood, 36RL. I haven't seen many listed for sale here, so didn't think this was the best place to most. However, since it's looking like we will probably have to sell on our own, I will certainly post here! :).

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 6 months 1 week ago #8

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 356

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
Post it in the classified section. Please note it may take a couple of hours to be visible, as this area requires moderator approval for all posts.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 5 months 4 weeks ago #9

RVtrader.com I sold my holiday rambler to a guy that drove 900 miles basically over night after talking to him on the phone. The listing fee is around $90.00 I found everyone that contacted me was a real buyer and few were brokers that wanted to lowball offer. If your price is fair and your upfront about any known issues you should be able to sell it easy. My 2015 RL38 was purchased from a add on RVtrader. Unless you don't have the time I would not sell it at a PPL , seams to me they have a lot of RV's and not all of them are as clean as I wanted. The Key to private sale is priced fair . One more thing it takes about 4~6 weeks to close a deal with a RV bank loan on a private deal so be understanding after you agree on a price.

Selling our Redwood, need advice!!!! 5 months 4 weeks ago #10

• sbolles4
  • NOW OFFLINE

• Redwood/2013/36RL
Thanks! I've been looking at RVTrader, along with a few other sites. They look the best, although we will probably list in multiple places (including this forum). It's good to know you had positive experiences with them. It's also good to know about the time lag in closing on a bank loan. That might have made me skittish, without realizing it takes so long.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu