Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Carpet

Carpet 5 days 11 hours ago #1

• patti meeks
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 0

• Redwood/2014/38GK
Has anyone had to have their carpet stretched. I have a big hump in the middle of the living room and the living room slide is humored up. My husband wanted to fix it himself but doesn't look that easy. I'm not even sure how it happened.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carpet 5 days 9 hours ago #2

If the stretch is a lateral stretch (long way with the RV), there is a chance to use a stretcher if one is experienced.

If the stretch will be side to side, that could be trickier depending on the floor model.

On some models, it may be possible if you can access to the track area where the slide is.

If the carpet is buried under the track, its best left to the shop.

Remember that the carpet and vinyl floors are one of the first items to go in. They then build walls over it. Therefore, there are no real tack boards to pull the carpet up from and re-stretch to.

Now comes the delimma...

IF one was to do this the right way, the slides need to come out. At that point, you might as well install new carpet and new slide seals.

There may be ways to stretch the carpet by cutting and re-nailing directly to the floor. But that won't last very long...
The following user(s) said Thank You: patmeeks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!