Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cable tv reception problem

Cable tv reception problem 1 week 2 days ago #1

Ok, need the help of all you video people that are smarter than me .......

Here's the issue - if I use the OTA antenna (we have one of the Winegard automatic ones that looks like a small dome ) the picture on both sets is great. Crystal clear, lots of channels, full HD when available. If I then turn off the booster, switch to the cable in from the park, one set is at most "fair" and the other set has maybe two channels that are watchable. Have looked at a rig a couple of sites away from mine and their cable is ok. The park maintenance has checked our site with a meter and said "its within specs and should be ok".

And the tv search is restarted when switching from OTA to cable.

I'm smelling the park maintenance is full of it. Am I correct or is there somewhere else I should be looking ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

Cable tv reception problem 1 week 2 days ago #2

• almcc
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 114
Not sure about your system, but I'll bet it is the park's problem. Where we are right now we can get internet through the park's cable system, the internet tech said "if you get a crummy TV signal then our internet won't work well". He tests the park cable connection before he sets up the internet.

Cable tv reception problem 1 week 2 days ago #3

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 33

• Redwood/2016/39MB
Question: Did your Park Cable input work prior to changing to the Automatic OTA Dome??
Just wondering if something got messed up making the change from the Bat Wing.

Michelle & Ann
2011 Chevy 3500HD Ext Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Cable tv reception problem 1 week 2 days ago #4

The line from the booster to the TV is the same regardless of whether your watching OTA or cable. SO the only fault on your end could be the line from the cable input (wet bay on mine) to the booster. To check this I would attach the cable to the sat in (wet bay on mine) that goes directly to behind the living room tv. Scan again and see. Also make sure your selecting cable not air when you scan. If that works then its your cable in line to the booster. If it still looks bad, then is the signal form the park.

Cheers
John

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!