Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beware of Dish tv !!

Beware of Dish tv !! 5 months 1 week ago #1

Just bought a King Tailgater Pro and two Wallys from dishformyrv.com (the Dish site for buying equipment). Had a lot of issues with the factory cables and the antenna and receivers not talking to each other. Apparently ( which they never mentioned) the Tailgater frequently is not compatible with the factory installed cables on a lòt of RVs, not just Redwoods . I've got to run a new cable to the receiver to make it work.

Since running a new cable to the forward tv in the bedroom would be a really major undertaking, we've decided to just do the living room only.

Called Dish and was told they do not accept returns on equipment!! Tried to return it to Pace Equipment, which apparently is their vendor and was told there would be a 25% charge for the return, but only if it was in the original packaging (which I don't have).

So - if anyone needs a brand new Wally, I have one for sale very reasonably. Just know that if you order a setup, only order the receivers one at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vaughan & Tracy and the Critters 2013 Redwood 36RL following a 2013 Ford F350 DRW. MorRyde IS, Kodiak Disc, Comfort Ride Hitch, MorRyde Pinbox, and a bunch more. And coming soon ~ Fred the Focus tagging along behind Tilda the Redwood.

Beware of Dish tv !! 5 months 1 week ago #2

• 0nTheRoad
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 97

• “0nTheRoad’s
  • Some other brand/2008/Fleetwood Southwind 36D
Vaughn, we had DISH in the RW, had a Travler on the roof and 2 211 receivers, also used a Pathway X2 carryout when under trees. Never had any issues with either receiver.
When we bought the MH I didn't want to spend the $$$ for a Travler and there is only one cable from outside which goes to the front of the rig for CATV. I installed an A/B switch with one side to the TV feed (through the amplifier), the other side to the DISH 211...that worked with no problems using the X2 antenna. To get SAT to my rear TV I installed a wireless HDMI system so we can now get SAT on our bedroom TV. Since then I purchased a Wally because it has RF remote technology (211 is IR which requires line of sight operation). With the Wally we use a 52.0 remote so we can use it in the bedroom.
Here is the link for the system we use... www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Wireless-Digital-C...1&keywords=GW3DHDKIT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shane Wood

Chuck & Ruth Treadway
ROG Past President

Beware of Dish tv !! 5 months 1 week ago #3

• Joe Dombrowski
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 136

• Redwood/2016/38RL
Vaughan,

That’s a shame about the 25% return policy... I have been mostly happy with Dish ( so far )

What do you want for the Wally?

Joe

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu