Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 6 days ago #1

We are having a difficult time trying to get our Winegard Pathway X2 connected from the basement area to the tvs. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 6 days ago #2

• Rtimesoon
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 42
When using the over the air antenna the Winegard Antenna booster needs to be turned on (Green Light on). Antenna booster needs to be turned off for cable and satellite systems. There are also coax plates at the TV locations. If using satellite versus OTA you might need to change where you connect your coax to. Others have used cable toners and testers to confirm connections.

Chris
2012 36RL

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 6 days ago #3

Thank you! We have tried everything, but no luck.

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 6 days ago #4

• almcc
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 128
I'm not familiar with that Winegard model but we have a Winegard dish on the roof. we have a sat receiver connected to it above the TV in our 36RL. You probably have a coax bundle in the cupboard above the TV, in our unit the coax goes to the sat receiver then the HDMI output from the receiver goes to the HDMI input of the TV via an HDMI cable that I bought and fished from the sat receiver area down to the TV, the HDMI input on the TV is at the bottom left in the back corner of the TV.

I had to use a cable tracer to determine which one of the coax cables came from the input near the water/sewage input area.

Not sure if this helps.

As an add, on the audio side our sat receiver has an optical output, I connected it to the optical input of the DVD player that was installed by Redwood to get sound through the audio system instead of just the TV, better quality sound, you have to select optical input on the DVD to get the sound from the sat receiver.

Last Edit: by almcc.

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 6 days ago #5

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 356

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL
We have a 2013 FL and our orange coloured sat cables were bundled in a cupboard below the TV. Similar to Al, I used a cable tracer to determine which ones came from the convenience centre.

Can't guarantee they used the same cable, but our coaches are similar ages.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 6 days ago #6

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 80

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
Try the coax cable tracer first so you have confidence in the wiring of the coach. I was helping troubleshoot a satellite hookup in a Sequoia while at a campground and was stumped. Everything seemed right but no signal. Turned out they had a bad satellite box from Dish or Direct.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #7

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. We have tried them all and still no luck. :whistle:

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #8

• Paul Bridges
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 80

• “Paul
  • Redwood/2015/38RL
If you’ve tried everything, where do you have a good signal? You should be able to connect your satellite directly to your box connected directly to your tv and have a good signal. If that doesn’t work then you have a bad box, bad antenna or bad tv and your provider should help you troubleshoot that. Through the process of elimination you should at least be able to find out where the problem is.

Paul & Tracy Bridges
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 KR CC LB DRW 6.7L PSD
1924 Ford Model T
1958 Rainbow TT by Edwards ( 1958rainbow.blogspot.com )

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #9

We can run satellite from pathway x2 through receiver to tv and it works great. We were hoping since our RV has inlets for coax that it'd be as simple as just running coax to receiver to tv. Hahaha not so.

Anyone have schematics on satellite/cable for a 2013 36RL? We were also told satellite will not work if there are spittlers.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #10

• Joe Dombrowski
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 139

• Redwood/2016/38RL
I have a “16” 38RL and use the Pathway X2 with no issues.. I hook up to the satellite IN port in the convenience center.

I went to Home Depot and purchased a signal tracer for around $19.00.. you put 1 cap on 1 end, and the larger cap on the other end of the orange wire near the entertainment enter. Once it starts buzzing, that is the wire you are hooked to outside...

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #11

• Oriana
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 356

• Oriana
  • “Oriana’s
  • Redwood/2013/36 FL

blackjack711 wrote: We can run satellite from pathway x2 through receiver to tv and it works great. We were hoping since our RV has inlets for coax that it'd be as simple as just running coax to receiver to tv. Hahaha not so.

Anyone have schematics on satellite/cable for a 2013 36RL? We were also told satellite will not work if there are spittlers.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

You will find a generic cable drawing in the Technical Library in the Redwood drawings folder.

Andy & Judi, Canines - Kona & Bella
Maple Ridge, BC
2013 RW 36FL
2016 F350 DRW
Cruise & RV Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
President - ROG

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #12

Remove the bedroom ceiling light adove & to the right of the bedroom tv, fish around in the ceiling & you may find a splitter for cable tv (wired incorrectly), mine were gray or white & orange cables used for satellite system also with a splitter, at least in my '13 FB that's what we found. Sorry I use to have pictures but can't locate them now.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #13

• mhs4771
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 66

• Redwood/2016/39MB
On our '12 36RL the Sat line from the convenience center was never terminated at the other end

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, 5.5 Onan, Mor/ryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride Hitch, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #14

• Rtimesoon
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 42
On our 2012 36RL a splitter was above the ceiling accessed by removing a light near the bedroom tv. Of course the coax from the Winegard antenna booster was attached to an output port on the splitter, not to the input as it should have been. Changed coax positions and all 3 tvs have better over the air signal now. I have also heard that some satellite set ups don't like splitters, and that some may require a multiplexer to allow the signal to pass to all desired destinations.

Chris and Maria
Attachments:

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #15

• brenkco
  • NOW OFFLINE
  • Thank You(s): 36

blackjack711 wrote: We can run satellite from pathway x2 through receiver to tv and it works great. We were hoping since our RV has inlets for coax that it'd be as simple as just running coax to receiver to tv. Hahaha not so.

Blackjack
You have coax inputs for satellite that differs from cable & Ota. The receiver uses hdmi from it to the tv, not coax. If you don’t have a straight run, it’s not going to work. As others mentioned, buy a coax tester and trace your runs.

Ken

Last Edit: by brenkco.

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 5 days ago #16

Rtimesoon wrote: On our 2012 36RL a splitter was above the ceiling accessed by removing a light near the bedroom tv. Of course the coax from the Winegard antenna booster was attached to an output port on the splitter, not to the input as it should have been. Changed coax positions and all 3 tvs have better over the air signal now. I have also heard that some satellite set ups don't like splitters, and that some may require a multiplexer to allow the signal to pass to all desired destinations.

Chris and Maria

That looks exactly like the birds nest of cables I found in my ceiling with the exception of a splitter on the orange cables.

Travelin' Texans
Full timers since 2008
2013 FB Black & Tan (FOR SALE)
2013 GMC Denali 3500 DRW

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 4 days ago #17

Thank you so much. Attached is a pic of what we have found so far. Anymore suggestions would be great.
Attachments:

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 4 days ago #18

• Jim and Mary
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank You(s): 48

• “Jim
  • Redwood/2013/36RL
I could be wrong, but in that vintage RL, there was the third TV option installed in the curb side of the basement. I believe that splitter with the orange coax cables was for one output for the bedroom TV and the other for the basement TV. That's how it is on ours and all 3 of our TVs have worked with our dish travel'r flawlessly since day one.

Jim & Mary Butters, Maggie (furry kiddo)
2013 Redwood 36RL
MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box Goodyear G114 17.5's Titan Disc Brakes, Residential fridge Winegard Travel'r rooftop TST TPMS

2015 Ford F350 KR DRW

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 3 days ago #19

Well we found a splitter in the bedroom. Husband removed that one, figured out where the BR and tv for outside run. Then we found another splitter in LR. May have to cut hole behind tv to get access to that one. Urrrrrrrrrrrr

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 3 days ago #20

• almcc
  • NOW OFFLINE
Failing anything else, I would go back to first principles. I would set up the dish and run to the receiver in another location, then attach it to a tv not in the RW, if you get it working then put the receiver into the RW by using a piece of coax and connect to the RW tv, don't use the RW coax system. If that works then the problem is with the RW. Have you traced the coax in the RW with a tracer?

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 3 days ago #21

• almcc
  • NOW OFFLINE
Not sure if these pictures are helpful, we have a 2013 36 RL, one shows the connections in the convenience canter, the other one is the 2 in the cupboard above the Tv. I marked these after tracing, I have 2 other coax lines there as well from the roof dish, you probably will have only 1, we need 2 for our Canadian PVR

Attachments:

Last Edit: by almcc.

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 2 days ago #22

Ya we did that already. It works from tv thru receiver in our RV. Would just like to be able to run satellite thru coax already run thru RW.

Satellite dish how to connect in Redwood 36RL 2013 2 months 2 days ago #23

Thank you everyone! If it weren't for all of you, we would not of figured out how to get satellite up and running. Thank you!!!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 3.557 seconds

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. * 5753 Hwy 85 North #3057 * Crestview, FL 32536 

Working together to

share knowledge and fellowship!

ROGLogoClean

Terms of service

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is the quintessential Redwood Owners Group providing a website and events for the discussion of technical, practical, and entertaining issues relating to all Redwood Residential Vehicles. These include the Redwood, Sequoia, Cypress and Blackwood lines of residential vehicles.  The Redwood Owners Group provides through rallies, meetups and social networking many ways to meet and connect with other Redwood RV owners.

Redwood Owners Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Redwood or CrossRoads Recreational Vehicles, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. 

Join the ROG!

Basic membership is Free!

Main Menu